Winter Protection Detail
Protecting your car before the weather turns ensures it is quicker and easier to maintain during the winter months. This allows you to keep on top of the dirt and salt, at a time when it is most difficult to do so, to help maintain the appearance and condition of your vehicle in the months ahead.
As part of this service:
- The drain points are cleaned & cleared to reduce of risk of water ingress.
- Each corner of the vehicle lifted to remove obscured dirt built up in the wheel arches.
- The alloys (faces, spoke backs, rims) are cleaned & brake dust dissolved (option to remove for deep cleaning).
- The calipers are cleaned (providing there is access between the spokes).
- The door shuts, boot shuts and rubber seals are cleaned.
- The vehicle is given an extensive warm water pre-wash to remove and loosen dirt followed by a safe wash.
- Contamination that is not removed by normal washing, specifically iron fallout & tar is safely dissolved and removed.
- This allows Gyeon WetCoat, an intensely hydrophobic coating with strong self cleaning properties to bond to the paint.
- This protective layer also adds gloss and reflectivity.
- Tar and carbon deposits are removed from exhausts before being polished to a highly reflective finish.
- Tyre walls are cleaned and restored to a satin black.
- Interior and exterior glass cleaned.
This process normally takes from 5 to 10 hours to complete, depending on the size and condition and of the vehicle.
Typical cost: £125 - £250.
- Removal of water etching from exterior glass to dramatically enhance clarity followed by the application of an intensely hydrophobic coating for superb wet weather visibility. £140 - £175.
- Removal of alloys to allow the removal of tar, all brake dust, old wheel weight stickers. Steel wheel weights (that have or will rust) are replaced with colour matched weights. £140 + £4 per 60g of weights used.
- Application of Gyeon Duraflex to alloys and calipers to provide 24 months+ ease of maintenance thanks to the extremely slick surface that brake dust, dirt and tar struggle to bond to. £140 - £175. Wheels can be coated without weights to allow complete coverage and then rebalanced. £40.
- A deep clean of the interior to create a pristine environment for you and your passengers. (£125+)
- Removal of oxidation from headlights to restore clarity (£80).
- Removal of isolated paint defects (P.O.A).