Professional Detailing & Valeting Training Course in the South West
Why Learn with Masterclass Detailing?
1) Courses are one to one and can be organised at a few weeks notice on days that work for you.
2) Learn with a business partner or friend at no additional cost.
3) You learn what products, processes and approaches work best rather than learning a 'system' or product range from a particular manufacturer. No one manufacturer has the answer, so why limit your knowledge?
4) Practical detailing skills are backed up by a sound understanding of the process. This provides a framework and thought process that can be applied to different vehicles and situations in the future.
5) Detailed how to guides are provided for reference after the course.
6) If have any problems or queries as you begin to turn the knowledge and skills into money 6 months phone support is provided.
Become a Professional Valeter or Detailer
£1,250 | 3 days
This course provides you with the knowledge and skills to professionally valet and detail exterior and interior surfaces, clean engine bays, restore headlights and machine polish. Over 3 days learn to:
- Safely pre-wash, wash, decontaminate and dry paintwork;
- Deep clean arches, alloys, calipers & tyre walls;
- Deep clean and restore faded plastic surfaces;
- Clean door shuts, the fuel filler, drain points, badges and other neglected areas on vehicles;
- Remove bonded contamination using chemical and physical methods.
- Apply a range of sealants & waxes depending on paint colour and preference for durability;
- Identify different types of paint defects, recognise which ones machine polishing can remove or improve;
- The problems, pitfalls and hazards to be aware of before starting to polish;
- Types of machine & polishing abrasives;
- Types of pads and their characteristics;
- The variables available to remove paint defects;
- The fundamental polishing process;
- The common problems, causes and solutions in polishing;
- Guided machine polishing practice on an actual vehicle rather than practice panels to replicate real world polishing.
- Clean and present engine bays;
- Deep clean vehicle interior surfaces including plastics, leather, fabric, carpets, mats, controls, door cards, glass & the headlining;
- Remove odours from vehicles;
- Deep clean convertible tops;
- Restore discoloured headlights;
- Remove badges;
- Minimise your set up costs by knowing which products, tools and equipment to buy and where to buy them from.
The course does not cover the polishing of single stage paintwork or the application of ceramic coatings.
"Hours of research led to numerous dead ends. Many companies didn’t provide courses, some insisted on their own ‘fixed format’ course which were time and cost prohibitive and frankly overkill given my level of expertise.
Others were biased or incentivised towards machine range X and Product range Y.
Jon listened to what I wanted to achieve and we mutually agreed an approach. He delivered the content in a structured way with the ideal balance of theory and practical time. I cant stress enough the importance of the theory because without correct consideration from the outset you’ll either fail to achieve the desired outcome or risk inflicting damage to the vehicle. The notes (a handy take away) were thorough and serve as a useful reference document if you come unstuck – failing that Jon is happy to answer questions when he’s not busy himself."